Who We Are
Clinical Trials Ontario (CTO) is an independent not-for-profit organization established with support from the Government of Ontario. Our mandate is to work collaboratively with the clinical trials community, the public and strategic partners to improve Ontario’s clinical trials environment and attract clinical trial investment to the province, while supporting the highest ethical and quality standards.
The vision of CTO is to make Ontario a preferred location for global clinical trials, while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Our mission is to strengthen, promote and capitalize on Ontario’s competitive advantages to conduct high-quality clinical trials.
Our Key Strategies
The vision of CTO is being addressed through three key strategies:
|Streamlining processes to support the timely, efficient and cost-effective conduct of high-quality clinical trials.|
|Supporting and promoting public and patient engagement in clinical trials.|
|Promoting Ontario’s competitive advantages and clinical trial capacities to attract more industry investment.|
Our Guiding Principles
The vision and mission of CTO is further defined by these Guiding Principles:
- Ensure the highest ethical standards
- Respect and value the role of the patient and the public in clinical research
- Work with the clinical trials community to understand and implement effective programming
- Leverage or build upon existing capacities where possible
- Partner where mutually beneficial and be mindful of other initiatives to maximize effectiveness and minimize overlap
- Recognize the value of the contributions made by both the public and private sectors
- Continuously measure and evaluate activities
- Diversify funding sources and implement appropriate cost-sharing mechanisms.