Patient Decision Aid
This decision tool has been created to help you to decide whether you feel you are ready to engage as a patient partner on a clinical trial team. By patient partner, we mean that you are part of the research team, rather than a participant in the study. This tool provides information and associated resources related to:
- Patient engagement, patient oriented research and clinical trials in general, including some topics you may consider such as the different roles a patient may take on as a partner in a clinical trial, potential time and cost, etc.
- Being part of the research team, including the research process, potential stages of involvement, evaluating the experience of being included as a patient partner, compensation, and others.
- Potential benefits and risks you may wish to consider as a patient partner on a clinical trial team.
- Reflecting on your readiness to be engaged as a patient partner on a clinical trial team.
- Making your final decision and potential next steps if you feel you are ready to be engaged.
Reading and working through each section is meant to help you consider a number of factors related to being a patient partner on a clinical trials team, and ultimately help you decide if this is something you would like to do.