Mission & Priorities
Our strategic priorities
STREAMLINE processes to help make high-quality clinical trials more timely, efficient and cost-effective.
ENGAGE with patients and the public to increase awareness, foster collaboration and improve how clinical trials are conducted.
PROMOTE Ontario’s competitive advantages and clinical trial capacities to attract more trials and industry investment to the province.
Our Vision and Mission
Our vision is to make Ontario a preferred location for global clinical trials, while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Our mission is to strengthen, promote and capitalize on Ontario’s competitive advantages to conduct high-quality clinical trials.
Our Guiding Principles
The vision and mission of CTO is further defined by these Guiding Principles:
- Ensure the highest ethical standards.
- Respect and value the role of the patient and the public in clinical research.
- Work with the clinical trials community to understand and implement effective programming.
- Leverage or build upon existing capacities where possible.
- Partner where mutually beneficial and be mindful of other initiatives to maximize effectiveness and minimize overlap.
- Recognize the value of the contributions made by both the public and private sectors.
- Continuously measure and evaluate activities.
- Diversify funding sources and implement appropriate cost-sharing mechanisms.